dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Birthdays

My friend bragged about the people she shares her birthday with. That prompted me to look up who share my birthday with. It was interesting to note a pattern. For example, among the worthy people who share my birthday, many were artists - painters, musicians, etc. On the other hand, my friends' birthday is shared by a lot of notable mathematicians.

I didn't look deeper but is there any correlation between the date of birth and field of excellence? Some work has been done to explain say why lot of the professional athletes were born earlier in the year. Taking cues from that, may be due to the weather say around a baby's 1st birthday, he/she was either playing outside, or painting the landscape or learning math because it is gloomy or thinking of stories inspired by the snow. May be.
Again, this theory needs to be vetted by comparing people with birthdays in the same month. Which would only validate the sun signs claims of people behaving in certain manners based on the date on which they were born.

To check who were born on your birthdate, check here. Wikipedia rocks. Can't imagine any other site having this information for every day in a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home