dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bridge collapse in Minneapolis

The bridge on I-35 used to cross the Mississippi river fell into the water below. This is crazy. It was like 2 blocks from where I lived. When I started working, I used to take this bridge every day! We used to take this bridge to go to downtown, the airport or pretty much any where even remotely south of my place. I hear all my friends in Minneapolis are safe.
Here is a link to the bridge on google maps


Reuters report says:
"A 500-foot (150-metre) span of the eight-lane steel and concrete bridge, which was under repair, buckled and fell into the river and onto concrete embankments at about 6:05 p.m. CDT (2305 GMT)."

"A freight train was passing on a track running under the bridge when it collapsed, and the train was cut in two, WCCO television reported."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home