dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Friday, July 20, 2007

earth quake

USGS Report
SF Chronicle report

I have been through a couple of earth quakes but nothing rattled me like the one this morning at 4:42AM (Ritcher: 4.2). Even though it was classified as a light quake, it scared the shit out of me. One of the picture frames in my house with a glass covering feel on a wooden plank below and broke. There was this thud noise with the building shaking that woke me up. Hearing all these, my first reaction was there is a burglar in my balcony who jumped from the apartment above. Then within a few minutes, I realized it was an earthquake. Looks like this was one of the strongest in recent times here in the Bay Area:
"Anytime the earth moves beneath you it's a little unsettling, no matter who you are," said USGS seismologist Rufus Catchings, who felt the temblor. "This is the biggest (quake) we've had in a while."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home