dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Biking

Recently, I got a bike - a 2004 Giant Cypress Hybrid. Got very addicted to it. Enjoying the pleasures of riding a very comfortable bike and exploring my neighborhood. I still remember the feeling on the day my dad removed the balance wheels on my cycle and I learnt to drive on 2 wheels. Suddenly, I got to go way faster, go on roads that were off limits because of the balance wheel, etc. I just could not stop riding.

With this bike, after the initial euphoria and riding around aimlessly, I have now settled on a route. This loop has some great views of the bay, good tail wind and then goes inland but pretty much sticks to bike paths. Total distance: 6.3 miles. If you do the shore line from East to West, there is considerable head wind, sun in the eye (evenings) and not so much fun.







This site, Bikely.com is amazing. Tons of suggestions and maps. I am hoping to discover more routes in the East Bay and be fit and happy at the same time.


Update: I took a small deviation today and went up to Bay Farm. Din't venture too deep but was a pleasant detour.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home