dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Richshaw

Pitt, Jolie take rickshaw ride in India

Looks like Brad Pitt and Jolie took a ride in the beloved autorickshaw in Pune, India. Makes me wonder how much they were charged. Were they charged by the meter or did they pre-negotiate a price? And did they wave down an auto on the road?

Would the price they paid matter if they, as consumers, thought it was a fair deal and enjoyed the ride? Because they are very rich, would it be ok to charge them more than the regular for the same service?

In India, it was (not sure if it still is) common to charge more the non citizens for the same service. Always wondered why. Why should that be? I never liked that.

Not that I want a price forced on people. I don't mind private businesses setting a price and letting market forces decide if that is a fair price. But the government deciding to charge someone more based on some arbitary condition does'nt sound fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home