dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Passion

Inspiration: Knowing When to Quit

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame says in that:
"If everyone exposed to a product likes it, the product will not succeed."

"The reason that a product “everyone likes” will fail is because no one “loves” it. The only thing that predicts success is passion, even if only 10% of the consumers have it. For example, I’m willing to bet that when the TV show Baywatch was tested, 90% of the people rolled their eyes and gave it a thumbs down. But I’ll bet 10% of the test audience had tents in their pants. Bingo."


Extend the same concept to work. To be really good at work, it is necessary to be good at what it takes to do it. But it is more important to be passionate about it. I am willing to bet that the people who really succeed at work are not the brilliant. Its the people with absolute passion for the work. They believe in their work. They believe in their contribution. My 2 cents. Your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sachita said...

ha, finally a post I can agree. Without the passion, not a moment at work is worth it.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home