dna's corner

My ramblings. My thoughts. Your feedback. Your thoughts. Simple.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Out here to make a living, live a life and leave a mark.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Grounded

One moment changed my whole week. My trip to Valley Fair as part of my company outing is cancelled. A nice weekend trip to the lake is gone. Hopefully I will be able to the AID day long meeting. As a slight deviation from my usual postings, I will just say what happened.

I twisted my left ankle and that too pretty badly. Was reading a newspaper in the bus in the morning and suddenly realized the bus was standing in the stop I was supposed to get down. I ran out and boom. I land my left leg on the side, with the bottom of the foot facing sideways and the side in contact with the ground for a second. Experienced severe pain for a few seconds. All kinds of thoughts ran through my head - fracture, ligament tear, sprain, heck.
Sat there for a few minutes. Luckily I dint remove my shoe and good that I was wearing my sneakers and not my formal shoes. Limped to office - a couple of blocks. Well, I almost walked normal to office. Further proof that most of the pain is psychological. I removed my shoes and shock upon shock - I was wondering from where the hell did a small doughnut get under my skin in the ankle area. The guy next to me sees it and shakes his head. He runs and gets me some ice. I tell my boss and leave for home in a cab. There is a guy staying at my place for a week. Friends friend. He has my key to the house. So stayed at my neighbours place and caught two movies - Say nothing and Airport 1975. Don't worry I will not give you a summary of the movie and my review and then my opinion. :) Harsha who is a doc, came home in the afternoon and gave some expert advice. I slept till evening after eating a paracetamol :(.

Looked much better. The doughnut inside has been mostly eaten by my ankle. Still not fit enough to do my usual antics. I am having a tough time sitting in one place and resting my legs. My roommate has literally given up on me. Been getting a ride from a friend who takes a big detour to drop me and pick me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home